|We are a strong and growing coalition of grassroots activists, survivors and volunteers who are using social media, the internet and training workshops to mobilize men and women to get involved to end violence against girls and women.This year during National Crime Victims Awareness Week April 10 – 17th 2011, Battered Women’s Support Services continued to urge men to own their role nationally.
We are committed to the belief that people everywhere need to Take the Pledge for the end of violence against girls and women. By ‘Taking the Pledge’ and simply uploading your photo holding a sign that says ‘The Violence Stops Here’ you are lending your vital support to our cause.
Violence against women includes (but is not limited to):
We are a growing team of men and women working as a team to engage and mobilize. To join our team email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To End Violence Against Girls and Women
To Engage Men to Own Their Role To End Violence Against Women
The Violence Stops Here Campaign was established to:
- To Urge Men to Own Their Role to End Violence Against Women and influence change in men’s behaviour promoting healthy manhood
- To engage social media and online fundraising to raise awareness, engage volunteers and funds to see the end of violence against women
- To deliver training and education workshops on the issue of violence against women
- To hold cultural events that raise awareness, engage the general public in ending violence against women
- To entrench a national movement of men and women to end violence and discrimination against girls and women